Devkarin are the dark elves of Ravnica. They make up one of the two elite classes of the Golgari, the other elites being the teratogens. They are presided over by their matka, a high priestess, who until recently was Savra.
Devkarin elves are much like many elf subraces in appearance, kin tones tend to be somewhat gray, owing to a combination of genetics and their time spent in the undercity of Ravnica. Most Devkarin have eyes of gray, brown, orange, or black, and heterochromia is not unheard of in some bloodlines. They tend to be somewhat tall, combared to other elves, reaching an average height of around 6 feet tall, with a slim, muscular build. They favor leather garments and armor, which combined with their dark hair allows them to blend into the shadows of the undercity. Many Devkarin elves wear their hair in tight braids or dreadlocks, ornamented with metal rings or bones and feathers.
The Devkarin, or dark elves, exist on a very different level than the rest of their kin. Native to the Undercity, Devkarin elves thrive in areas of darkness and decay, drawing their power from rot and regrowth, the natural form of recycling. Devkarin are strange and frightening to the Silhana, and are actively shunned by most other races; this has not been lost on the Devkarin, who take the criticism of their ways in stride. They see themselves as grim pariahs, keepers of secrets too grand and too raw to be understood by those who have not lived among shadow and death.
Devkarin Racial TraitsEdit
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma Devkarin have adapted to their rot-filled territory and have hardier immune systems than their surface brethren, but tend to be aloof and are considered eerie by most other races.
- Speed 30
- Weapon Proficiency: Devkarin are naturally proficient with the Longsword, Longbow, Composite longbow, shortbow, composite shortbow, and Razor bow.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks. An elf who passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check as though they had been actively looking for it.
- Plagueborn Devkarin gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, ingested poisons, and becoming nauseated or sickened
- Undercity Dweller Devkarin gain a racial +1 bonus on Knowledge (Dungeoneering) and Survival checks made underground
- Darkvision 60' Due to the environs in which they make their homes, Devkarin have evolved to rely little on natural light. Devkarin can see in the dark up to 60 feet, but can be dazzled by sudden exposure to bright light.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Alignment: Devkarin tend to remain neutral along at least one axis.